- Investigations are underway by regulators and airlines following a mid-flight incident involving a Boeing 737 MAX jet.
- The Federal Aviation Administration takes urgent action, issuing a temporary grounding order for certain Boeing 737 MAX aircraft and calling for immediate inspections.
- The grounding and inspection orders come in the wake of an emergency landing necessitated by part of the aircraft coming loose in flight.
- Major carriers United and Alaska Airlines could feel a significant impact, as notable customers of the Boeing 737 MAX-9 model.
- Boeing is aware of the Alaska Airlines Flight 1282 incident, confirming their ongoing investigation and communication with airline customers.
Investigations Launched Over Boeing Incident
The aviation industry is in a whirlwind following an incident involving a Boeing (NYSE:) 737 MAX jet in midair. Investigations have been set in motion by both regulators and airlines.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has stepped up in reaction to this incident. They issued a grounding order which is temporary in nature, for specific Boeing 737 MAX aircraft. Along with this, they have also called for scrutinized inspections without delay.
Emergency Landing Prompts Action
This immediate action by FAA is the result of an emergency landing that was necessitated due to the disengagement of an aircraft part during the course of its flight.
Impact on Major Carriers
The stakes are clearly high for United (UAL) and Alaska Airlines (ALK), who are said to be some of the biggest customers for the Boeing 737 MAX-9 model. This provides a context to the scope of impact this could have on big carriers.
In response to the incident of Alaska Airlines Flight 1282, a spokesperson from Boeing said, “We are in the know regarding the incident and we’re working towards collecting more information about it. We’re also maintaining contact with our airline customer.”
Traders and investors will be keeping a close eye on this incident, as it could have significant implications on the value of Boeing stocks. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, it could potentially oscillate the prices related to Boeing in the forex market.